Please help me

Dear Doctor, I'm studying in college right now and this might sound silly but while showering in my dorm bathroom(shared by 5 students), I kicked the drain cover by mistake and cut my toe. I was wondering if I could have contracted HIV? Im worried because one of my dorm mates might have HIV and residue sperm or blood might have been in contact with the drain cover while they were bathing or doing other things in the the shower. I know this is a silly question but i'm genuinely worried. Please advice. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello There is no way you can get HIV in this matter. Tetanus yes- HIV no. Any sperm or blood on the drain would not be alive by the time you got in the shower and likely would have washed away with the water. Take care. And make sure you get a tetanus shot if you havent' had one.

LHW

Biology of STD Transmission
blood exposure (please answer ,this is my third post)