Mr. Cordova

I had oral sex performed on me for about 20 minutes where much saliva was used (sloppy BJ is best description). I ejaculated in her mouth. About 12 weeks later I became debilitated by illnesses and couldn't get out of bed for about 4-5 days. Can this be HIV? Can ARS begin after 12 weeks from exposure? Please consider offering more than the generic "oral sex" reply as I have certainly read through other posts but would like to hear your specific opinion rather and a copy/paste reply. Thank you so much for you service to the general public...

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. What you refer to as a "Copy/Paste reply" is actually our official stance on oral sex. It is used when we get questions that have been answered ad nauseam in this forum.

It is our hope that eventually the general public will start to realize that what they consider to be a risk unique to them is actually not, and that the actual risk VS perceived risk is much lower than they realize i.e. Someone gave me a blowjob, and I think I have HIV, when the reality is that the risk itself was really low, and you shouldn't be concerned.

You were not experiencing ARS. They would not take that long to appear. I do not think transmission occurred in this situation. Your risk was the same as most others who send in oral sex questions and was deserving of our official response on oral sex, or as you call it - the "Copy/Paste reply".

BOTTOM LINE: No risk.

I hope my answer, which was unique to your situation helped put your mind at ease.

As a point of reference to anyone else who might be reading this. An appropriate response to this question could have been our official stance on oral sex which is below:

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

In health,

Richard

Can I get Aids
day and night sweating with fever symptom of HIV?