Is a 5 week negative likely to change at 12wks

Hello doctors, I am a 21 year old college student in desperate need for help. 7 weeks ago I had lost my virginity through unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend. It was an one time thing. He did not not stay in me long just brief. There was also a bit pre ejaculation. I began to freak oit bc I did not know he was in me let alone unprotected.

I began to think I maybe pregnant but I wasn't.

All of a sudden the anxiety of maybe contracting something from him began to consume my life.

I got a 3 week test and it was negative

I got a 5 week hiv test it was negative along with chlamydia and gonnerhea testing all were negative.

I'm freaking out so much bc I don't know his status. He told me before and after that he is fine but he may have something and don't know he have it. His test results may also be out of date.

What is my risk?? Is my test likely to change???

Im suffering major anxiety and need help. Everywhere i go and anything i do know are showing signs of HIV. From going on social networks, watching tv, and evem going to class i see signs eveywhere about HIV. Every single day. It is like its haunting me

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Your result is not likely to change from five weeks to 90 days, but I would suggest a final test just to be certain.

This was a one-time occurrence, brief, and he believes himself to be HIV negative. I would say the risk of transmission was low.

In health,

Richard

safe sex
plz help me