If I drink a glass of water that had blood in it, will i get infected with HIV virus?

I was playing basketball alone in this park. I found a wonderful family playing so i decided to join them. After the game they offered me Cold water. The water looked clear and it tasted normal, it did not taste weird. I do not think I had any open wounds or cuts in my mouth, but I'm still worried. What would happen if the water I drank had HIV blood in it. If there a chance for me to get infected? I'm so worried right now. I can not sleep or eat.

Hi You cannot get HIV through casual contact, which includes drinking after someone, eating after someone, hand shakes, kissing etc.

HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

No worries about sharing some water!

Pre-cum and HIV infection
Sperm washing in regular fertility centers