Pre-cum and HIV infection

Hi, I was recently engaged in sexual activity with a man who has had lots of partners. I didn't have penis-vaginal intercourse with him or oral sex, however, at one point he smeared pre-cum on my lip and chin. I tried to wipe it away but we also had been kissing after that. Also, he used his fingers to digitally penetrate me. I'm not sure if he may have had fresh pre-cum on his fingers when he digitally penetrated me. Is there a risk of HIV infection or other STI infection from being digitally penetrated by someone with either dry or wet pre-cum on their fingers? Or by having pre-cum wiped on your lips and chin?

Hi There has never been a known case of HIV transmission by fingering or any other sort of hand-genital contact. A cut risks HIV only if large, deep, and actively bleeding.

Deep or open-mouthed kissing is a very low risk activity in terms of HIV transmission. HIV is only present in saliva in very minute amounts, insufficient to cause infection with HIV.

HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Daughters avoiding hiv+ dad
If I drink a glass of water that had blood in it, will i get infected with HIV virus?