He's positive and I'm negative how is this possible

Me and my boyfriend been dating off and on for 2years. We've been having sex with out protection the whole time he went to the doctor and tested positive for Hiv. The clinic called me I got tested and I'm negative how is that so.. Could I be positive and it's just not reading it I'm scared to death need information please.

Hi It is possible that you are HIV negative. The true test would be to be tested again 90 days after possible exposure and as long as there are no exposures during that 90 day time period you are HIV free.

Being HIV free you can have a loving and wonderful relationship with your partner. My husband is negative and I'm positive. We have a great sex life and make sure we are keeping one another healthy. First is to find out for sure your status, next is to make sure your partner is in good care and on treatment. There have been several studies now that show someone with an undetectable viral load the risk of transmission dramatically reduces. My husband is tested about every 6 months to ensure we know his status. I make sure I stay on my medication and my viral load is undetectable. Also you may want to talk with your health care provider or your partners about the possibility of taking Truvada. This medication has been recently approved for HIV negative individuals to take to help prevent transmission.

I am so worried (Dr. Shannon)
need help