my worry

hello dr, i m 19yrs old guy.1)i was doing handjob everyday atleast 5 times.i am losing lot of sperm.i cant control.is there any problem will appear in future?.i m worried about that.please suggest me.2)if i have protected vaginal sex with hiv positive girl for 4 to 5 times in a month.is that possible that i could catch hiv?.please answer my question.thank u

Hi Masturbation will not affect your sperm count nor your increase risk for STI transmissions. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

We know that condoms are an effective way to prevent transmission. Maintain the condom use and you will be protected against HIV transmission. The most important thing to remember is that HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection to be aware of and are much easier to transmit. So maintaining a healthy sex life is very important.

Please Shannon I need help
Is HIV risk level different for diabetic patients?