The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

my worry

Apr 29, 2014

hello dr, i m 19yrs old guy.1)i was doing handjob everyday atleast 5 times.i am losing lot of sperm.i cant there any problem will appear in future?.i m worried about that.please suggest me.2)if i have protected vaginal sex with hiv positive girl for 4 to 5 times in a that possible that i could catch hiv?.please answer my question.thank u

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Masturbation will not affect your sperm count nor your increase risk for STI transmissions. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

We know that condoms are an effective way to prevent transmission. Maintain the condom use and you will be protected against HIV transmission. The most important thing to remember is that HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection to be aware of and are much easier to transmit. So maintaining a healthy sex life is very important.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Please Shannon I need help
Is HIV risk level different for diabetic patients?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint