licking of the vagina
Apr 27, 2014
hi doctor is it possible for me to get HIV from my vagina being licked by an HIV positive man, in the morning. maybe they had brushed their teeth.
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
Oral sex (mouth to vagina) is considered very low risk. This is because it would be unusual for a body fluid (blood) to come out of someone's mouth (in a significant enough amount) and go inside the vagina. Brushing teeth right before oral sex can increase the odds of this happening, but it's still low risk.
Hope this helps,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What Over The Counter Medication Can Help Get Rid Of Shingles?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Does Isolated Herpes Mean?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- What Are The Most Common Ways To Get Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.