Apr 23, 2014
I have been having brown discharge for about 2 weeks. I have been waiting for my period and nothing. What is this a sign off? I am not pregnant...
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there Vaginal discharge can be both normal and a sign of an infection. These infections can include things that may not be sexually transmitted such as bacterial vaginosis or candida (fungal infection) or can be a sign of having an STD, like trich or chlamydia. I would suggest seeing a medical provider and having an exam so that your discharge can be treated appropriately. Take care Dr W
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
- Red Brown Clots Discharge And Back Pain, 7 Weeks
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
- Will Shingles Keep Coming Back After Getting It Once?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.