Skin contact blood?

Dear Shannon,

I have a quick question for you. I was at the gym working out, and when I used the ab cruncher machine I notice there was a tissue paper on it so i grab it, little did I know there was a blood on that paper,I do not know if its still wet or dried up but the blood was visible. I then throw it on the garbage can, after that I sprayed my hand with the gym product disinfectant. What are the chances of getting the virus from that, I've been researching online lately gathering info's about HIV, anyway some say's that the virus can enter through the micro cuts on the skin... what is a micro cuts, does it needs to bleed or is it not visible to a naked eye???

Hi No risk at all here. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

I go to the gym and I just make sure that I wipe down areas before I use them, but it's to protect me from other type of bacterias and colds. HIV in this setting is not a risk for transmission.

tiny vaginal fluid on urethra
Receiver of Anal fingering