is my daughter at risk

Hello I need some advice i got my 11 year old daughters ears pierced at claire's accessories last week,i was checking online for information about aftercare and I was shocked to read that there is a chance that you could catch HIV from having your ears pierced by a gun (the assistant used medi wipes to clean my daughter's ears and she cleaned the gun she also used disposable gloves and the earings come in a sterile cassette)l have read that because there are plastic parts on the gun this can't be put in a autoclavev and medi wipes are only a cleanser not a steralizer...I have also read that there could be particles of blood left from a previous customer and blood bourne diseases such as HIV and hepatitis can be passed on.could you please reply to me regarding this as I feel sick just writing this email I am so worried thank you

Hi This is a great question and a relief answer, the risk is very low to no risk. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. HIV dies once it is outside of the body and becomes unable to infect.

Once infected with HPV do we still need to use condoms, as in we're already infected ...
tiny vaginal fluid on urethra