Unprotected anal, no ejaculation BUT slight bleeding (first time?)

I was wondering how good of an idea it would be for me to go on PEP drugs, considering what happened a few hours ago:

- I just had receptive anal for the first time in my life. My bum hurts a little and is sore, but I suppose that's normal. :/ - When I went to the bathroom however, there was a bit of blood on the toilet paper. Light red but not a dark color.

Here is the crappy part : we did it without a condom. My partner did NOT ejaculate inside of me though. He came on my chest instead.

I know there is pre-cum risk - even if I didnt notice any. I only became worried after I noticed the small blood on the toilet paper, which indicates something tore (a bit?) since it was just my first time...

the only "good" news is that I have known this guy for a little while, he is not a complete stranger. I also know that he just moved back after living in Dubai for several years, and Dubai requires all its foreign workers to get mandatory HIV testing. He told me this himself and generally seems responsible about getting tested : but I also know he may have contracted it without knowing since he last got tested, etc. The country we live in has a very low HIV rate at least, and I am sure Dubai does as well.

I just wanted to ask what the chance that I contracted something and would need to go on PEP was. Like I said, because he did not come inside of me, I wasn't worried until I saw the blood on the toilet paper. It happened about 6 hours ago so I have 34 more hours to decide.

Of course my risk for getting some other STI is much higher, but I will just have to wait and get tested for those in the future (not sure when exactly though). Right now my biggest worry is the PEP.

Anyway thanks very much for the help

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Unprotected receptive anal sex is a higher-risk activity. However, consider this was a one-time occurrence, your partner did not ejaculate inside of you, tests regularly, and believes himself to be negative, the likelihood of transmission is pretty low, but still possible. PEP is probably not necessary, but it's a personal decision of whether or not to take it.

I hope this information helps you in making your decision.

In health,

Richard

hiv from slight spit splash
Will you help me please please