Sex after syphilis treatment

January 17th I was treated with one shot of penicillin in buttocks for syphilis in the buttocks. Exactly one month later I had unprotected sex with a new partner. Is there anything he or I should worry about? He was fully aware of what was going on and after we had intercourse I told him he should go get checked out as well. He did. And just to be on the safe side he received a shot as well though his doctor said that there was no chance of him getting infected because treatment starts working exactly 24 hours after receiving it. But I'm still worried and have that fear that doesn't let me sleep. At what titer level can I officially say I'm syphilis free and continue my life? PLEASE HELP :[

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there I agree that you would not have been infectious one month after treatment. People are almost instantly rendered non-infectious by penicillin. Perhaps within a few hours of the first penicillin injection, and certainly within 24 hours, you could not have transmitted the infection. Take care DR W

Dr. Lisa will you please help?
Handjob with a 3 day old scab on your finger