safe sex with girlfriend

Hi there, I'm an hiv-positive male. My girlfriend and I try to be very cautious during sex, but yesterday she got a drop of my semen on her lips. She wiped it off with her sleeve but later on licked her lips with her tongue. Is she at risk? Please help me!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. First, the answer is no. She was not at risk.

HIV does not live well outside of the body. Any virus present in your semen would have started to die the moment it left your body. Also, the virus needs direct access to the bloodstream. The kind that occurs when you have unprotected anal or vaginal sex. This can also occur when sharing needles or drug works. Oral sex is very low-risk. If your viral load is undetectable the risk is even lower, to the point that could be considered no-risk.

In health,

Richard

nutricion, ejercicio y suplementos
Plastic Surgery