For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Thrush and worried

I have had thrush twice now. Both times I was on back to back antibiotics. The first time I had thrush, my doctor told me to get an hiv test done because it's uncommon for a 22 year old male to have oral thrush. I had the test done, the nurse practitioner said it was negative and the cause for the trash was repeated antibiotics. Well, I was on a z-pack 2 weeks ago. Just Monday I was put on antibiotics (doxycycline) for a sinus infection. Two-three days after taking the medication I start to develop thrush again. I've had no new tattoos or piercings, and the last time I had sex it was protected. Could the HIV have laid dormant?

No, no such thing as HIV laying dormant and not being detected by HIV tests. As your doctor advised, your thrush is a result of antibiotics.

Unprocteted sex
truvada, pep, drowsiness - changing scheduled admin time