The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I dont know if I have HIV or not

Mar 5, 2014

I had unprotected oral sex for about 1 minute then protected vaginal sex with a female on the first day of last December and in January of this year I have had painful bumps near my anus and has been painful to use it to use the bathroom. I did feel very sick for a few days after a few weeks after the sex but I think that could have been a something going around my house because everyone went through it and I know for a fact they have not been having sex and it didn't have it first so I couldn't have passed it to them. However my groin, thighs and butt have been aching but nothing severe just mild since January but no fever like symptoms. I have had this problem before with the bumps and pain I have been to a doctor for it and he gave me something and it took care of it. but it has been times where I have had it and haven't been to the doctor and it went away it just comes and goes. I have been tested for HIV before and it has been negative so is it a possible that I have HIV now from her or could it be something else.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

These symptoms are not HIV-related. Oral sex is a safer sex activity, and using a condom for vaginal sex keeps you protected from the virus.

I would suggest working with your doctor to determine what could be causing these symptoms.

In health,


Massage With Happy Ending - HIV?
Can I get HPV from my boyfriend's semen?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint