The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please please reply sir as no one else can help me

Mar 5, 2014

sir/madam, i know similar questions have been asked before but in my case its different as i belong to a developing country(india)where many illicit trades happen.i bought a sealed sextoy(silicone masturbator)somewhat like a fleshlight from a shop and used it after few hours without cleansing(it was in that shop for at least few days as i have seen it before in that shop).it was lubricated was a bit dirty(i thought may be the dirt is from my own hands)but after using it i felt may be it has been used before as in india its not completely impossible to seal a used sextoy and resell.sir is it possible that had it been used before,hiv would survive in it(as it was lubricated and i have read that hiv dies in semen only if dried).is it possible that sperms would still survive in that lubricated sextoy and hence hiv too?can i get hiv from that?please help me sir,im getting distressed and depressed.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The good news is no you cannot get HIV from this type of experience. Once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and becomes unable to infect. You cannot get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

PLZ ANSWER! - PrEP instead of Condoms for Magnetic Couple
condom breaking... please help!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint