broken condom intercourse

About 6 weeks ago I had protected intercourse with a massage worker. The condom broke during intercourse and I did not notice until afterwards. She did not seem worried about it we took a shower. I urinated and continued with my day. I have not had any symptoms yet am worried. I did get a small flu about 3 weeks after however it was a sinus flu. That cleared up in 2 days. Now I have a slightly enlarged lymph node on my groin and a purple spot next to it. No pain however. I am slightly worried and cannot get tested until I get back in the US in another week. I am also currently at 14000 ft elevation and my flu might have been related to altitude sickness.

Any answers will be appreciated.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

The condom breaking leaves the question of your risk up in the air, especially given that you're not sure how long it was broken. Although, it's better than if you didn't use a condom in the first place.

We recommend that all sexually active get tested regularly for HIV/STDs, and so that holds in your case. To know about your status after this sexual event though, it's going to be important to wait 3 months from the sex to get a conclusive result. That isn't to say an earlier test is useless, those results are a very good sign actually. But it's important to do the 3 months, just to be sure.

Hope this helps!

Erik

saliva entering the eye
Razor risk plz help