saliva entering the eye

Hi

I have a colleague and he is HIV+ while we are talking some of his saliva flew out his mouth and entered my eye, i have no time to blink or protect myself cause it happened so fast my question is am i at risk of contracting HIV? do i need to get tested? i dont know if there is blood in the saliva after a few minutes i washed my eyes and i also didnt know if there is blood mixed in the saliva. please help im really worried

regards

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk from what you're talking about. None.

Saliva does not transmit HIV.

Also, it takes a significant amount of blood to transmit HIV. First off, we don't know if there was blood in your colleague's mouth. Secondly, even if there were blood, it would've been in way too small a quantity to infect someone..

I applaud you for learning more about HIV to become a better colleague and safe person for your colleague living with HIV to be around. Unfortunately, we live in a world that looks at people who live with HIV as dangerous. This is wrong and makes no sense! HIV is not something that can be easily transmitted through casual contact.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Is urine sterile?
broken condom intercourse