Is urine sterile?

I wanted to know if you can transmit HIV from urine. I know there hasn't been a case of that but it doesn't mean that it can't happen. I know no one here has access to that information but I can't help but notice the sensibility of the palm of the hands and how easy it is for it to absorb body fluids into the hand. The top of the hand I know is highly unlikely, but there has to be a way that the palms could absorb HIV without breaks in the skin. Hypothetically one has to wonder if the information on HIV/AIDS is a bit to repetitive for one to say. Has anyone here tested urine themselves in order to find out the truth of the matter?

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no evidence to support urine transmitting HIV.

It's important to realize some of the assumptions that you're making and how that's confusing some of your logic.

Water or lotion may absorb into your hands but science tells us that HIV cannot absorb through your skin. We have to remember to give skin more credit. It's the biggest part of a person's immune system! That means that it keeps countless infections from getting inside your body.

Hope this begins to helps! If you're interested in the science behind all this, you might want to give the CDC a call and ask them about their decades of research on the subject.

Erik

Latex Rubber Underwear
saliva entering the eye