I'M SCARED I MIGHT HAVE CONTRACTED HIV THROUGH A ONE TIME EXPOSURE

HI I'M A MALE N I HAD UNPROTECTED ORAL SEX , AND HE PUT THE TIP OF HIS PENIS IN MY ANUS FOR A BRIEF SECOND CAUSE I TOLD HIM TO TAKE IT OUT BECAUSE I HURTED ME.... N WHEN O WHIPED MY BUTT THERE WAS BLOOD ON THE TISSUE SO DO U THINK I'M AT RISK FOR EXPOSURE.... I DIDN'T SWALLOW ANY CUM OR ANY THING I SPIT THE SALIVA OUT OF MY MOUTH. I TOOK A HIV TEST 18 DAYS AFTER THE ENCOUNTER N IT WAS NEG. PLEASE DR. I NEED UR HELP II'MREALLY SCARED I DNT NORMALLY DO THIS I LIKE WWOMEN NOT MEN IT WAS ONLY MY 1ST TIME WITH A GUY! PLEASE HELP

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I can tell that this has been worrying you and I understand why: it's a new situation with unknown variables.

HOWEVER, it sounds like your risk for HIV was low.

Unprotected oral sex is very low risk for HIV. While your sex partner did enter you, it was very very brief. I'm not surprised that you bleed a little, since it hurt. But your butt would've only had contact with his penis briefly.

So where does this leave us? We would recommend that you get tested regularly for HIV/STDs, just like all sexually active people. Just to know if you caught something from this sexual episode, we'd say wait 3 months. Just so that you know your status for all things, for sure. But again it sounds like risk on the lower side.

In the meantime, it'd be helpful for you to talk to other people who have a variety of sexual interested, like yourself. You can find many resources online!

Hope this begins to help you feel better :)

Erik

Dr Doctor, very confused and panic. Please help...
hole on the side of the condom