Exposure to HepC or HIV during Blood Work

This may be a bit of an odd question so please bare with me. I went in for blood work yesterday. It's a clinic for high risk population...Please note that I am not of that population. It's close to work so I ended up going there. Anyway, I got blood work and a HIV rapid test done there. We first did the blood test. The Nurse put on gloves and carried out the test, after the test she disposed the needle into a sharps container. Her glove definitely made contact with the lid on the sharps container. After this she didn't change the gloves after coming into contact with the sharps container. We then proceeded to do the HIV Rapid Test (INSTI). She still had the gloves on and then used a alcohol swab to wipe my finger tip and then used a one time lancet to prick my finger. She squeezed my finger tip to help the blood ooze out to collect in the pipette. During this time she used a gauze to wipe the blood of my tip.

Question:

Would her coming into contact with the sharp's container lid and then wiping the gauze while wearing the same glove result in contact of Hep C or HIV? I am just worried that the gauze came into contact with her glove which touched the sharps container lid and in turn touched my little prick on my finger tip. Is there any risk here? Should I be concerned?

Sorry I have a minor case of OCD..

Thanks in Advance!

BTW the HIV Rapid Test came back negative which was great but the events at the clinic has now gotten me worried again.

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk for either of those in this situation. Neither Hep C or HIV are easy to get. A significant amount of blood from an infected person must get inside of you. From what you're describing, I can't see even a moment where that could've happened. The nurse wasn't wiping fresh blood around.

I'm curious if you're only concerned because you were around people who may have Hep C or HIV themselves..

And if you have a minor case of OCD, I would be more concerned about attending to that than your stress over HepC/HIV.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Contracting HIV
Dr Doctor, very confused and panic. Please help...