|possible HIV infection
Feb 28, 2014
Hey Dr. I am a little worried.. I was over a girls house last night and she has a couple of room-mates who shoot up heroin and while I was looking for something in the drawer I saw a needle and I'm pretty sure I didn't touch it but I came close to. I wasn't bleeding or anything however is it possible to contract any STD or HIV even though that needle seemed to be sitting there for a couple of days....?
| Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question..
It sounds like you didn't even touch the needle. If you didn't touch it, you can't get anything from it! Even if you did touch it, it would've needed to have gone inside you enough to get under the skin and into the bloodstream. Odds are you would've felt that!
Hope this helps,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.