|possible HIV infection
Feb 28, 2014
Hey Dr. I am a little worried.. I was over a girls house last night and she has a couple of room-mates who shoot up heroin and while I was looking for something in the drawer I saw a needle and I'm pretty sure I didn't touch it but I came close to. I wasn't bleeding or anything however is it possible to contract any STD or HIV even though that needle seemed to be sitting there for a couple of days....?
| Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question..
It sounds like you didn't even touch the needle. If you didn't touch it, you can't get anything from it! Even if you did touch it, it would've needed to have gone inside you enough to get under the skin and into the bloodstream. Odds are you would've felt that!
Hope this helps,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.