contact with blood from unknown source

Please can you help I am feeling very upset scared and like throwing loads of things away that I can't afford to replace. This morning I went to a shop and when I went to pay there was what looked like fresh blood on the chip and pin machine I used. I immediately panicked and had to go home instead of work and shower. Now i am worried as I have scratches on my hands and feel asthoulgh all my belongings I had with me at the time (coat,purse even the car drove home) are contaminated

HI Rest easy this is not a way for HIV transmission to occur.

HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. HIV begins to die once is leaves the body and becomes unable to infect. This occurs within minutes. HIV does not survive long outside the human body (such as on surfaces), and it cannot reproduce. No, you can not get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time.

am i at risk of hiv?please help immideatly
Please help me , i dont know what to do