Hiv, blood and pen?
Feb 27, 2014
Could I get hiv from the mailman who had cuts and blood on his hand passing me a pen, which I used while having an open cut on my hand.
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there No, you cannot get HIV from an inanimate object no matter what that is. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid from prolonged period of time. Take care, DR W
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore Throat Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Runny Nose Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.