likelyhood i have hiv

I had protected sex twice in the last month. Once about 3 weeks ago and the second about 3 days ago. A condom was used both times from start to finish. And as far as I know the condom did not split or break. There were no symptoms after the first time, but after the second time I started showing symptoms such as sore throat, fever , headaches, some muscle pain and some random itches,which do not happen to me often. When I get sick its usually the flu and is almost never accompanied with fever and headaches. How long does it take for symptoms to usually start showing up. I can't get tested for another 4 weeks in the case of a false negative, but the wait is going to kill me. Thank you for your help and time :)

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Given that you used a condom for sex, your risk is negligible to begin with and so I think your symptoms are not related to HIV. Typically Acute HIV usually occurs two to six weeks after infection with HIV, and lasts one to two weeks. I certainly encourage you to get retested to ease your mind but you will undoubtedly remain negative. Take care DR W

massage
Hiv by bed sheets