Waiting is horrible

I had intercourse with a person of unknown status on January 24th. I bottomed with protection and when I attempted to top the condom broke and I was inside of him for a short while. I wasn't that scared at that point because I had a few drinks in me but then two weeks later i developed a large ulcer on the roof of my mouth (day 12) and then after returning from a week holiday (mexico) at day 25 i developed swollen glands in the neck body aches and sore throat. Went to clinic and was diagnosed with strep.

I have continued to take my antibiotics and fever and body aches have gon but sore throat remains... Could this be due to the fact that some symptoms were viral and not now related to strep infection? only two more days of medication left.

I did a home test on saturday the 22nd which would be at 29 days. Is this a good indication of my status even IF my symptoms were related to acute HIV?

I am one of those who is consumed with worry and very little has calmed my mind or anxiety. Thank you for all you do and your comments are greatly appreciated.

Hi The test you had run is a good sign, guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive. Your symptoms most likely were due to the strep throat. With the condom breaking there is an increased risk of transmission not just of HIV but all of the other sexually transmitted infections that are out there. Being the top carries less risk than the bottom, but there is still a risk.

The only way to truly know your status is to be tested and not just for HIV but all of the other STI's.

Please help me, very worried
need help plz (Unprotect sex + Neutropenia + negative Hiv in 3 monthes )