Could This Be HIV? I'm Deathly Afraid. Please Please Help.

Stupid I Know. I hooked up with a guy who's HIV status was unknown to me, also we didn't have vaginal intercourse. I gave him oral sex. Now he did ejaculate in my mouth however I spit it out. It's like 6-8 months later and now I have what I believe to be oral thrush?? I went to the doctor for it as soon as it came up. She said it was nothing just to take some antacids because I have acid reflux. Whatever. I still have it and well I'm concerned because what I did a whole back. I have now been in a committed relationship for 6 months and he had no symptoms, and we've had unprotected sec numerous times. I don't know how to convince him to get tested let alone muster up the courage to do it myself. Help please!?

Hi The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these. If all you experienced with this person was the oral sex your risk of HIV transmission is incredibly low. This goes without saying, but the only way to truly know your status is to be tested.

aids
PLEASE HELP