Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

lap dance nervous
Feb 27, 2014

last Thursday night i visited a strip club and had several lap dances . the one girl touched her vagina and at one point passed her fingers across my lips . I'm not sure if it was directly after she touched herself or not . Also i was wearing jeans and underwear as she was wearing just a g string. She touched herself on top of her g string. My pants felt damp and my underwear had spots from pre *** . I inspected my underwear and didn't see blood or anything that night . After washing my underwear a stain has shown up and im not sure if its blood or not . I'm very paranoid and cant even talk to my fiance because im ashamed that i might have contracted a STD or even worst HIV . I don't want to put my fiance's health at risk so im considering coming clean and just ending our relationship cause im not sure exactly what my HIV status is anymore .

I also had an incident when i was talking to my fathers friend at the bar and he accidently spit in my eye during conversation.

I read alot lately other answers and wat scares me is where it states exchange of fluids ...wouldn't her posibbly putting blood on my underwear through my pants be exchanging fluid? I'm very upset at myself that I put myself in this situation .

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi No need to worry! There is no way to acquire HIV from a lap dance. HIV can not be transmitted through clothing. See HIV101 [link] for more info on how HIV is and is not transmitted. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
HELP ME
Next
why am i still worrying after 11 year

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.