Feb 26, 2014
my boyfriends father has been diagonised with hiv at age of 60 will he too who is 25 will be hiv infected
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there It would be very unlikely that your boyfriend acquired HIV from birth and had no symptoms and is now 25. Similarly, that would also mean that his father has been asymptomatic for more than 25 years and only just now being diagnosed. I would say with confidence that your boyfriend was not infected with HIV at birth from his father. However, if your boyfriend has had unprotected sex in his lifetime, he should be tested regardless. Take care DR W
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Skin An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Chlamydia?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.