HIV food question

Hello, I have a question. Last night I was serving and I had noticed my booth smelled of urine. I was cleaning the table and touched all the dirty dishes, cups, knifes/forks/spoons, and napkins and I forgot to wash my hands. I was eating at the time as well and I touched my food with my finger and ate it. If that person had HIV does that mean I could get it too since I touched everything and even my food and ate it? I'm worried there was blood in the urine and it could have gotten in my bloodstream.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there No, you cannot get HIV in this way. You cannot get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid from prolonged period of time. As a side note, you would have had to have one unhappy customer for them to urinate all of over the booth and cutlery. And I'm thinking that might not have gone unnoticed. Take care, DR W

Felching risk
aids from sharing drinks.