scared and sorry

I had oral sex with an escort on the 3rd of this month, the oral sex last for 1 minute without condom,then we had intercourse doggy style using condom for about 3 minute, thare were very small scratch in my groin area cuased by dryness , after 2 weeks i start having some muscle and joint pain and my wife also, then we started having ear and throat pain lasting for minutes, I had abdominal pain since 2 weeks, both of us having intermittent headache and some fever, Im very scared right now, please advise.

Hi There are a couple things first:

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

Next: Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based.

Last, HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection that is out there and those are easier to catch. So you may have contracted another STI or you may just have a cold or the flu, but from what you have described you protected yourself from HIV.

I would recommend if your symptoms continue or get worse that you follow up with a health care provider for evaluation.

Risks
Am I HIV infected? Scared to death. Please don't ignore this time