Can an HIV virus semen can transmit through touching it?
Feb 24, 2014
If the HIV virus that is present in semen and once touches on the semen can transmit the virus?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there No, the skin forms a barrier to penetration of the HIV virus. There needs to be a significant amount of HIV+ body fluid passing from one person's body directly/immediately into another person's body. Intact skin protects against this happening. Take care
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Get Herpes From One Kiss?
- What Triggers Shingles Outbreak?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Color Are Herpes Lesions?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.