Having A tough Time About Hiv, Sleepless nites

Hi Shannon, I had a small cut on my finger and I washed the bandages that was inside the water that had blood on it and my cut was still fresh so the question is my cousin told me that it was a while when the bandages was inside the water they had four hours inside the water before I washed them, so I did not want to ask her so many times if what she said was true because she is HIV Positive so I didn't want to make her feel out but my question is what if maybe they had a little time in the water before I washed them, so I have nightmares at night I don't sleep peacefully was there a chance in this situation that i can get HIV, I was just helping her because her hands was in pain she couldnt wash them, I had gloves on but water came trough even though i had gloves because the gloves was too big and my hands was small so water came in.

Hi No risk of HIV transmission in this situation! HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Hiv through kissing skin.
Worried dad with some questions.