Hiv through kissing skin.

Hi Dr.southall, Few days nack I kissed a girl in her neck. It was very short and my tongue barely touched her skin.I am sure that she didn had any cut or bleeding.but I have a small sore (non bleeding) .what are the risk of transmitting hiv or std. Pls help

Hi First, I'm not a doctor. Second you cannot get HIV through kissing. HIV is not transmitted through saliva, tears, sweat, urine etc. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Incident at hair salon (possible bloody scissors)
Having A tough Time About Hiv, Sleepless nites