Incident at hair salon (possible bloody scissors)

Shannon, you have provided a lot of information regarding possible exposure which happened 11 weeks ago. Since I am on humira and methotrexate would I have produced antibodies if I was infected by this time? Also I have not experienced any flu like symptoms to date. Would this be a good time to test Thanks again for your time.

HI I'm happy to be of help!!! You can get tested and the medication you are won't interfere with the testing results. The test are looking for you body building antibodies against HIV. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive. 11 weeks will give you the results you need, but again the recommendations are for 90 days or 12 weeks.

Oral sex and seroconversion sickness
Hiv through kissing skin.