Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PEE ON TOILET SEAT
Feb 23, 2014

Hi Doc,

I went into a public restroom where there were many drops of someone else's pee. I didnt want to wipe it so i just placed two toilet seat covers on top. I then still tried to avoid coming into contact with the pee so I squatted and peed.

The covers went into the toilet bowl and my pee ended up spraying all over the front edge and corners of the bowl. I had shaved my vagina mereley an hour before and am wondering if my pee spray could have bounced off the toilet, picked up the other persons pee or anything off the toilet seat and hit back or went back into my vagina or the possible shaving cuts?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi This is not a way for HIV transmission to occur. HIV is not transmitted through urine!

HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Possible exposure
Next
Can i trust hiv dan pcr after 42 days..?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.