Paranoid about the possibilities

My boyfriend and I have been together for two and a half years. We've had unprotected oral sex, both of us (as in I have given it to him and vice versa). We've never had any dangerous symptoms or anything except about a week ago when he was giving me oral sex, I started to bleed. Something that has never happened when he's given it to me in the past. Why did this happen? He now has a bump on the inside of his lip and is worried it is related, even though I've never bled before. Is it possible we're worried for no reason?

Hi I'm not sure why this happened either. It is not a symptom of HIV. The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus.

If your symptoms continue I would recommend following up with your health care provider for evaluation and possible treatment.

How to stop getting Pimples ?
hiv test too soon