HIV/STD Risk?

I recently had sex with a prostitute. She performed covered oral and vaginal sex, but I went down on her briefly (literally about 10-15 seconds before I stopped). The week before I had bit my lip pretty bad. My question is, am I at risk for HIV/STD because I went down on this provider while I had a week old cut in my mouth? the cut was not bleeding and it seemed to be protected as I could drink water etc without any pain - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi For your experience wearing a condom was the best thing to do to prevent transmission. As for going down on her. The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these. You lip being bit a week prior does not constitute a increase risk for HIV transmission.

From what you have described your overall risk for HIV is extremely small.

possible exposure!!!
How accurate is a 10 weeks post exposue test ?