possible exposure!!!

been 2 weeks since my possible exposure unprotected vaginal with a very high risk female partner(without ejaculation.) day 4th : been feeling very cold espcially in my hands and feet and chills down my body, now i have had cold hands before they usually remain cold it could be thyroid i presume.. i was wondering can acute hiv really effect thyroid or cause hyperthyroidism .. also i have a slight sore throat very mild.. and also my risk assessment in contacting hiv by one such encounter...

Hi Anytime you have unprotected sex you put yourself at risk for all of the sexually transmitted infections. The symptoms you are experiencing are not from HIV it is much too soon for symptoms to begin. And HIV will not affect how your thyroid works. The only way to know if you have HIV is to be tested. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive. It is harder for a woman to pass the virus to men but there is a risk. I would recommend getting tested and making sure next time you have condoms with you and use them!

unprotected sex
HIV/STD Risk?