Please answer my question I am freaking out.

I decided to check out a bathhouse in the city. I walked in there feeling very awkward and uncomfortable the whole time. Walked around the place just to check it out. Didn't do anything with anybody. However I walked in the steamroom/sauna and sat naked on the bench for a minute. I got up after a minute but I am freaking out what if there was some fluid on that bench on the exact spot where I was sitting, am I at risk ? I didn't do anything in there but sit on that bench for a minute. This is hurting and boggling my mind so much I don't know what to do.

Hi Rest your boggling brain!!! No need to worry as this is not a way for HIV transmission to occur. First if there happened to be semen there with HIV in it, HIV once outside of the body begins to die and becomes unable to infect. Next there is the whole thing around how HIV transmission occurs. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Sitting and enjoying a sauna is not a way for transmission to occur.

HIV Risk
unprotected sex