Anal frottage

Hello!

About four months ago I engaged in anal rubbing/frottage. The guy ejaculated outside of my body and then a minute or so later he rubbed his penis with semen on it between my butt cheeks and on my butt hole. There was absolutely no penetration.

I also had a test at 3 weeks which was negative after finding out the guy was positive with an undetectable level.

1. I know that HIV is unable to infect outside the body, but would it have been inactivated in my situation?

2. Was this type of frottage a risk?

3. I have read that butt hole itself is not a mucous membrane but rather just skin. What type of transmission risk is this?

Hi The risk is incredibly small. Frottage is listed as a safe behavior. Also the fact that this person has an undetectable viral load is key in preventing transmission. We actually use the phrase treatment as prevention as we know someone with an undetectable viral load greatly reduces the risk of HIV transmission. Now the other thing to keep in mind are the other sexually transmitted infections out there. Which are much easier to transmit than HIV. But again the overall risk from your encounter is incredibly low.

What are my risks?
HIV Negative but with STI Receiving Oral Sex