Could this be HIV?

Hi. I slept with a girl whose status I didnt know, and on two occassions, the condom started sliping off, but stopped halfway. I pulled it back. I fear some of her liquid entered the condom that way, and infected me, because, 3 days later, I had neck, groin and armpit pain. On day 7, headaches started. The next day, I noticed three lymph nodes in the neck and a slight discomfort in the throat. Those are the synptoms I had. Now they are subsiding, except for the lymph nodes. It all sounds like HIV, every single bit like HIV. What do you make of this?

Thank you so much!

Hi First, condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Next, there are other sexually transmitted infections out there that are much easier to get than HIV and the symptoms appear much sooner than HIV. What I suspect is you picked up a STI, most likely not HIV, and need to seek out care and treatment. You could also just coincidentally picked up a flu or cold and your body is fighting that.

If your symptoms continue I would recommend following up with your health care provider for evaluation and treatment if necessary.

Very Risky behaviour---- Please Please Reply
CMIA test