Spreading like a germ

Thank you so much for answering my questions. It helps so much! I promise this is my last question! Because of my OCD I understand most of my fears are irrational. With that said... Is it possible for aids to be a germ that can be spread throughout your home or get on your hands? I have a fear of not having clean enough hands when I eat and ingesting aids. Is it even possible to carry aids on your hands or other areas like any other virus or drug? I also freak when bathing or using personal products such as tampons because I'm scared my hands are contaminated with HIV. It just helps to have your fears confirmed as not possible. I mostly just need to know that aids cannot get on your hands and ingested or spread like any other illness. Thank you again!

Hi No, you can not get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time (for example: a blood soaked shirt of a health care worker that remained while she performed CPR). See HIV101 for how HIV is and is not transmitted.

worried
Very Risky behaviour---- Please Please Reply