|cd4 and viral load
Feb 23, 2014
If my viral load is 118 but CD4 is 608 is tht good or bad.. I am 28 was diagnosed when I was bout 20 had it for almost 8 years undetectable. Please let me kno
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Both of your labs are excellent. First, your CD4 count is in the normal range.
Second, your off-treatment viral load is very, very low- suggesting that you are likely to have very slow disease progression and probably won't need HIV medications for a long while.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could Sore Bump In Armpit Be A Sign Of Hiv
- What Is The Risk Of Being Exposed To Hiv Through Pre Ejaculation?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Hiv After Having Sex?
- How Long Does A Person Have Hiv Before It Turns Into Aids?
- Can Hepatitis Cause Body Sores?
- Symptoms Of Hiv In African Americans
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.