Is it possible to have aids but test negative on hiv test
Feb 21, 2014
I have been going through seroconversion for a long time. Since December 1 2013 ive been very sick. Nausea since October 2013 night sweats rashes chills itching muscles twitching bad ear pain which I feel adtho im going deaf, fever since the second week of December which is still going on now feb 19, 2014. Do I have aids with out the presence of hiv? Doctors wont check my viral load bc of my negative hiv test please what should I do?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi HIV must be present in order for your immune system to crash to a point of acquiring an immune system that is depleted. You will test HIV positive if you have HIV. At this point I would follow up with your health care provider for further evaluation as there is obviously there is something you going on.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Long Does Chlamydia Take To Show?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.