Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

do i have aids?
Feb 20, 2014

does aids make your vagina have a light warm burn sensation? I got diagnosed with herpes in june of last year, I have only had two breakouts. Jan.13 I had sex with a man with a condom, come to find out he has aids. the day after I had sex with him I had a mild tingling sensation in my vagina.so I took a shower and it went away. it has been a month since I had sex with him. I went to the health department 3 weeks after having contact with this man and the test came out negative. is that too early for it to show in your system? Now it has been a month and 2 days having sex with him and I have a warm sensation in vagina which it feels like a light burn so light u can barley even notice its there.....also I started to have sex with a man with no condom a couple days ago and when he inserted his penis I felt the same tingle/warm burn sensation up towards my uterus (not all around my walls)so I immeditaley told him to put a condom on, after he put the condom on I did not have the tingle/warm sensation. Can I have aids? Or is this another symptom of herpes I have not came upon yet? do I need to take another hiv test? and when is he proper time to do that?

also every since I have gotten diagnosed with herpes, I have been suffering severe depression where I have cold chills and anxiety attacks daily. I sleep a lot and not seem to have a lot of energy and have body aches.a couple days ago I my tonsils were swollen,but ended up to be strep throat (with white dots on tonsils). So having these symptoms I wouldn't tell the difference with my body having aids because I have been having the minor symptoms of aids but not having aids.

please help, the warm burn sensation in vagina, very light sensation? is that aids? do I have aids?

Response from Ms. Southall

HI Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based.

The symptoms you are experiencing can be from herpes. Your testing history for HIV thus far shows that you are HIV free. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive.

I would recommend getting the final test at 90 days. Also getting on treatment for herpes should help with the symptoms you are experiencing. The last thing is to get a full STI screening to ensure that you don't have anything else going on.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
HIV scared to death
Next
Possibility of HIV infection when condom broke down

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.