my girlfriend has hiv with low number

My girlfriend has hiv with low number, she takes med and she had this for 20 years. she sed her other boyfriends didn't get it.. we also go down on eachother because we love each other very much. what is my chance of getting it when we plan on spending our life together.. please help

Hi You are in the same situation as I am. I'm positive and my husband is negative. We have been together for over 7 years. It is entirely possible to be together. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission both with and without HIV present.

The most important thing is for her to remain on medication and be adherent to it.So that her viral load stays low or undetectable and CD4 count is able to rebuild itself and get higher. This all will help dramatically reduce the risk of HIV transmission.

In the research conducted so far, there have been no recorded HIV transmissions among heterosexual couples where the HIV-positive partner is on treatment and their blood viral load is undetectable. However, this does not mean the risk through condomless sex is zero. All of the couples studied to date have also reported using condoms often. This makes it difficult to determine the risk of HIV transmission when no condom is used.

Although there have been no studies among gay men and other MSM, there has been one report of HIV transmission occurring between two men when the HIV-positive partner had an undetectable viral load.

Also, the risk of HIV transmission when the viral load is undetectable may not be the same for all types of sex. This risk may be higher for anal sex than for vaginal sex, particularly if the HIV-negative partner is the receptive partner (bottom) during anal sex. This is because receptive anal sex generally carries a higher baseline HIV risk than other types of sex.

Breastfeeding and hiv
HIV+ VS HIV-