Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Used a Condom with sexworker, but still worried!
Feb 18, 2014

Hi, im going through a pretty tough time of late on a "personal level", about 6 weeks ago I had sex with a prostitute, I was was a bit tipsy from drinking however this did not distract me from making sure the condom was on properly, and I kept checking the base was on without a slip-up. After a few lousy minutes (she was on top) then I was on top, I stopped, pulled out...(no ejaculation) probably 3-5 mins of intercourse at most...I asked her what she did with the "used condom" and proceeded to check there were no leaks or breakage etc...This I did by holding it tight and making it bubble" to see if any air leaked or "pre-cum" etc....(obviously the condom was off when doing this)....I washed my hands and left..., clearly ive been thinking and regretting the "STUPID" decision, and I have had the odd "groin pains" but no swelling....so its made me even more paranoid than ever....as reading about "lymph nodes" and pain etc is related to symptoms of HIV. im very scared and regret this stupidity and wat to get my life back on track.....yours concerned...

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Bottom line: The condom protected you from HIV.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Women to Women Fingering with Vaginal Fluids
Next
follow the HIV test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.