Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

HIV test

I had a chance of infected with HIV 7 weeks ago with someone i rarely know , i wore condom , what worry me is i have a wound on my thumb which less likely to have a contact with vagina. eversince that day i start to worry about infected with HIV and look up on the internet which make me worry more because all the symptom start to show up afterward.I had a test at 3 and 6 weeks both negative .i have a sore throat since 1 week after possible infected and now i started to have some kind of joint pain. my question is if the symptom i have related to HIV would my blood test already be positive. am really worry right now thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Joint pain has nothing to do with HIV. In regards to the wound on your thumb, unless it was actively bleeding and you were using it to digitally penetrate your partner I would not be concerned.

90 days is conclusive, but by six weeks I would expect a positive result to show up.

Bottom line: You can test at 90 days for peace of mind. I am confident the result will be negative.

In health,

Richard

one-time vaginal exposure anxiety
post pep tests